And so we meet again, my friends. 🙂
Ok, I was absolutely floored by how many of you commented on my post about breakfast a while back. Y’all are eating some tasty-sounding things for bfast, and I just couldn’t let the comments disappear into cyberspace.
So I’ve compiled them into a wonderful list, to not only give readers new ideas for bfast, but to also showcase the fabulous followers of Three Months.
- Heather @ Where’s the Beach: oatmeal with protein powder, banana, strawberries and peanut butter
- Katie @ Health for the Whole Self: plain Greek yogurt mixed with unsweetened applesauce
- Katie @ Healthy Heddleston: Better ‘n’ Peanut and homemade grape jam on Food for Life’s GF English Muffins, side of chocolate milk
- Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat: omelette and a choco-banana protein shake
- Erin @ Ed & Ashley: smoothies w/ fruit, almond milk and almond butter
- Kara @ MyWellnest: pretzels and raspberries (she said she needs to go grocery shopping!…giver her a break!) 🙂
- Fit Chick in the City: overnight oats soaked in chocolate almond milk, then added peanut butter and 1/2 a frozen banana
- Kelly @ Healthy Living with Kelly: tried something new – Oatheads instant oatmeal
- Eunice @ Food 4 Fitness: protein shake and an English muffin
- Lisa @ I’m an Okie: waffles and cheerios – staying in a hotel for a work conference
- Lisa @ Early Morning Run: greek yogurt or oatmeal
- Kathryn @ Foodies Not Fatties: high fiber instant oatmeal w/ low-fat cottage cheese and golden raisins
So there you have it! I hope you were inspired to try something new for breakfast, because after all, it is the most important meal of the day!
Did you miss the original post? Is there something you’d like to add to the breakfast list? – leave a comment below! 🙂
So glad to hear you all enjoyed your weekend! If you’re playing catch-up from the weekend:
I must share with you a new treat I found at Trader Joe’s yesterday: Protein Power Banana Chocolate Chunk Muffins. Yes, yes, yes.
(Side note: it may seem like I’m rather obsessed with protein. I assure you, it’s just a coincidence!)
Anyway, these muffins are amazing. They are very dense and only about half the height of a regular muffin. Each muffin packs 2g of fiber and 7g protein. And for only $1.99 for 6 – it’s a steal!
While in bed last night, trying to fall asleep (that’s a whole other topic for a another post!) I was thinking of ways to incorporate these little treasures in my breakfast. Alas, I had an idea!
What’s that I see? Oatmeal? And a cut-up muffin on top? Oh, yes. And it was absolutely delicious! So delicious and filling that I didn’t even need nut butter. Crazy, I know.
Ok, friends. I have a lot of work to do. I need to prep for my phone interview tomorrow (whee!), head to the gym for Body Pump, scour the internet for new job postings and just enjoy this beautiful Monday. Well, I should say stormy Monday…it looks like it might rain!
Tell me, what did you have for breakfast? Any new concoctions to share?!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! What did you do?!
If you’re catching up from the weekend, check out these posts: my review of Body Step and find out the best time to grocery shop.
My morning has been pretty low-key thus far. It took me a few snooze buttons to finally get out of bed – but luckily, I had my husband waiting for me in the kitchen with a nice cup of joe. That was all the motivation I needed, folks.
So as you know, I’m unemployed. Pretty cool, huh?! 😉 I’ve mentioned this before, but I get up every morning with my husband to enjoy coffee with him. I think it’s important to stick to a routine, even though I have no specific commitments throughout the day. There is no reason to sleep the day away – things need to get done. Like find a job, work out and do laundry (which by the way, a load is already in the dryer!).
But, friends, I digress. Let me get to the point of this post. Oatmeal completes me. Nothing keeps me fuller longer than a great bowl of oats.
Oatmeal and Almond Buttah
Into the mix:
-half a banana mashed
-1/4 cup of old-fashioned oats
-1/2 cup water
-tablespoon of almond butter (my fave)
It’s absolutely delicious and completely satisfying. I know a lot of bloggers find it hard to have hot oats in the summer months. Me? I find them too delicious to give up for summer!
What’s your favorite satisfying breakfast?