Friends, I’m sorry I teased so many of you this morning by posting a picture of a yummy treat and not the recipe! Secretly, it was my way of getting you back here to Three Months! 😉
As I mentioned earlier today, I made Peanut Butter M&M’s Cookie Bars for a church BBQ and for a friend’s 4th of July party this past weekend.
My initial plan was to find red, white & blue M&M’s for a festive look. Unfortunately, I could not find them! Seriously, M&M’s celebrates every other holiday. I was rather upset, but these obviously still turned out to be delicious!
I found a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars, and with a few adjustments, I present to you the recipe! 🙂
Peanut Butter M&M’s Cookie Bars
Adapted from: Apple A Day – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan. Alternately, line the pan with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray. (Recipe can also be halved and baked in an 8×8.)
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon & baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Beat in the sugars until combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Mix in the flour mixture. Once mostly combined, add the M&M’s and stir until combined.
6. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle desired amount of M&M’s on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes (for an 8×8 pan, bake for 30-32 minutes). Cool completely before cutting.